Thursday, June 19, 2008

Monica's Love, Hate Relationship With Grandma Abel's Trailer.






Bonnie has a single wide trailer situated in the most beautiful spot on her property. Right where Gloria, and Rene had their house. It over looks the lake, and you can see the trees, and wildlife, and you really are isolated from the rest of the world out there. It is great.


















I have recently started doing my laundry out there. It is actually relaxing to do laundry out there by myself. Just turn on a movie, and take a few things I need to get done. But since I work full time, the only time I have to do laundry is at night, and that creates a problem.
Before you get to the trailer, there is a gate, that you have to get out of the car and open, then close after you so the horses and cows don't get out. That's easy, right? Not really at 1:00 in the morning it's not. It freaks me out so bad to get out of the car and open that gate in the middle of the night, I'm always afraid of some "Indian Ghost", a cow, or even the ghost of Rene Bounds jumping out at me. And to make it even worse, there is a huge pipe that runs right under the gate, sending the water from Emigrant Lake to Abel lake, and it makes scary noises in the middle of the night. I have confessed my fears to Sean, and Greg, and they think I'm crazy, but Julee agrees with me. So I have decided that the best thing to do is jump out of the car real quick, run to the gate, run back to the car, drive trough the gate, run back, close it, then run back to the car again, shut the door, put the car in drive (which automatically locks the doors), and leave as fast as I can. One night after I calmed down a mouse ran across my dash, and I just floored it to get home as fast as I could. Uncle Pat told me that if I wrecked that would have been a hilarious claim. But anyway, if there are any suggestions on how to remedy the fears, please let me know.

8 comments:

Da Denninghoff's said...

Dang Monica, youre brave! I would never do that. My own shadow freaks me out and I'm not exaggerating. I would make Sean do it! I would build him up like crazy, like all the things that you love about him then just ask him in a sweet puppy dog look. Guaranteed it will work. Let me know how it goes.

Monica said...

I don't know about that, Sean would never fall for it. Greg caught me going out there the other night, and scared the crap out of me. I almost wet my pants. I can't wait for Julee to come home so he has something else to do.

The Lanyons said...

That's funny! But why are you doing your laundry way out there? Maybe if you stopped doing that then you wouldn't have to torture yourself.

Monica said...

It's there, or $30.00 a week at the laundry mat

The Lanyons said...

Oh, I guess I thought that you lived with your parents, and that they had laundry facilities. Where do you live now?

Tiana Johnson said...

Hang on! Did I miss something earlier? You live in the trailer out at Abel's? Since when?

Monica said...

We don't live there. We still live with my parents, but we have had a "laundry conflict"(not with my parents), and in order to keep inlaws happy we have to do ours somewhere else. It's a big pain.

The Lanyons said...

Oh well, you'll laugh about it someday. The great laundry conflict of 2008! See, it's funny already!