Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ding Dong Prom Is Gone!


Wohoo, all the proms in the valley are over! I can take a break from my sewing machine. I had huge prom overload this year. My original designs made debuts at Ashland, North Medford, Rogue River, Crater, South Medford, and Phoenix. They ranged from sleek, rich chocolate brown dress, to orange sherbet, 50's style, all the way to a replica of Belle's yellow ball gown. I had overheard Kaylynn talking to Danielle about not having a dress yet, and I almost had a breakdown when I saw Kaylynn's number pop up on my cell phone the Saturday before Ashland's prom, and I have to admit that I almost didn't answer it, but then I had a moment of major guilt thinking that if I should do any one's dress this year it should be hers, she is after all family. But it turned out she only needed an alteration. Thank you Kaylynn! Wow, what a year, I'm glad it's a whole year before it comes around again, but then again wedding season is coming (and now the scary music plays).

2 comments:

The George's said...

I hope you took pictures of all the dresses. What amazing skills you have Monica.

Also, I like the new layout.

The Lanyons said...

I forgot about your dressmaking skills! Wow - you seem to be getting famous for it.

You're very welcome to come and visit us at any time. We love having visitors. We'll be coming out to the US for a few days this August too - so maybe we'll see you then.