Sunday, July 12, 2009

Catching UP

There has not been much time spent at home the last couple of weeks, there is always something to do. The boys and I have learned how to use our time well, that is for sure. Jared has been in full swing football for a while now, and we are now on a 6 day countdown until he goes to Japan. The closer it gets, the more sad I am that I'm not going with him. He loves having practice every day, and enjoys the camaraderie on the team. Monte has been trying to keep himself busy during the day by running and lifting with his friend Craig. The boys and I brought in hay for a Doctor in town, it was a couple of late nights, and lots of tissues on mine and Monte's part, but we got it done.
The 4th of July was fun as usual. You can't miss on the 4th in Ashland, it always promises to be a unique experience. We did miss Sean though, and hope the sand storms in Iraq were not to bad that day. Sean's Birthday was on the 7th, and we missed him then also. But we miss him every day. Monte spent to whole of last week on the houseboat on Shasta with the rest of my family, he had a blast. Jared and I went after his practice on Friday afternoon. The weather was great, and the water was so nice. I am beginning to think that we are suffering from an overly crammed summer, but at least the boys are having fun. Monte gets to take a break from being drug around while Jared is in Japan, and I am at girl's camp next week. He will get lots of Grandma time. I totally failed at trying to keep this thing updated this summer, so I figured I would shoot for at least once to twice a week. We will see how it goes.

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

I didn't know that you were a Girl's Camp leader now!! You're brave! Let's hope the girls give you a lot less trouble than we gave them (I distinctly remember canoe tipping, food fights, ghost stories gone wrong, latrine pranks, sneaking out, etc)

Does that one showerhead still shock you if you touch it?